Using the Tokyo Subway Navigation and the unlimited Tokyo subway ticket for foreign tourists is an expensive way to get around Tokyo on your own. For more info click on the links below.
The Tokyo Metro Starts a Free App “Tokyo Subway Navigation for Tourist”
Tokyo Subway Navigation for Tourists enables travelers to use the Tokyo subway system (Tokyo Metro and Toei Subway) with no worries. Search transfer information by simply touching or typing station names on the map. The landmark search guides you to nearby tourist attractions and the access. The software supports English, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese. The app can be downloaded and used offline!
New Unlimited “Tokyo Subway Ticket” for Foreign Tourists
The new Tokyo Subway Ticket allows foreign tourists unlimited rides on all nine Tokyo Metro lines and four Toei Subway lines.
Ticket Types and Fares
- Tokyo Subway 1-Day Ticket (Valid for 1 day): 800 yen ($8)
- Tokyo Subway 2-Day Ticket (Valid for consecutive 2 days): 1,200 yen ($11.90)
- Tokyo Subway 3-Day Ticket (Valid for consecutive 3 days): 1,500 yen ($14.90)
- Children age 6 to 11: Half price; Children under 6 are free
Validity: All Tokyo Metro lines and all Toei lines.
Foreign visitors with non-Japanese passport
Where to Purchase*:
- Narita International Airport Terminal 1 & 2: Keisei Bus Ticket Counter
- Haneda Airport International Terminal: Information Center
Please note that sales location may change in the future.
Information from Japan Travel Specialist bulletin, May 2014