Kate Vs. Online Travel Agency
Kate: During your initial inquiry, Kate will ask questions
• What type of vacation?
• What type of hotel you prefer?
• What is the vacation budget?
• Then, compile a list of possibilities based on your input
OTA: During your initial inquiry, you will
• Click on “vacation packages”
• Decide if you want air, hotel and car
• Put in destination, dates and
• Pick from the hotels suggested by the results
Kate: Will Discuss
• Flights available and flight options
• Package components and what is included in price
• The type of hotel you’ve requested and an independent hotel review
• Do you need a car in this destination or transfers only
• Travel Insurance; what insurance covers
• If this is what you had in mind for your vacation
• Explore additional options at your request
• Ask you to click on what components you want included in your package. Example: transfers, insurance, excursions
• Tell you the total amount due
• Ask for your credit card for full payment
• Explain the deposit amount is usually the cost of the airfare plus a deposit on the hotel
• Explain when travel insurance should be paid
• Inform you of the final payment date – usually 45 – 60 days prior to departure
OTA: The price is the price.
Kate: Will try to match the price you found on an OTA
• Will answer any questions you may have about your vacation
• Will follow-up after your return